Who we are:
We are peace advocates, working across various projects with the aim of empowering young people, grassroots and people from disadvantaged communities to improve their living conditions, and also solve the problem of poverty which we consider as major threat to sustainable development and peaceful human coexistence, and an underlying cause of insecurity, militancy, and civic unrest across the globe.
PASDO, an acronym for Peace Advocacy and Sustainable Development Outreach, is a registered non-governmental organization for citizens interested in fostering individual and community development. See more
Our mission is to advance sustainable development by engaging in programs aimed at promoting education and capacity building, good governance, human rights and social justice, entrepreneurship and technological innovation, environmental conservation, preservation of positive indigenous values and timely dissemination of information about development opportunities.
Our vision is of a healthy, multicultural and diversified society that coexists in fairness and prosperity, and in harmony with nature
Among others, our mandate includes:
– To carry out projects on Climate Change and environment, health and ecosystem conservation (including preservation of biological diversity).
– To carry out projects aimed at advancing social justice, human rights and a healthy democratic society.
– To carry out projects on education and youth development, entrepreneurship, science and technological innovation, agriculture and ICT.
– To promote youth exchange, tourism and engage in other activities that enhance tolerance for cultural diversity. And to carry out projects that encourage preservation of language, culture and positive indigenous values.
– To collaborate with other bodies, private or public, towards meeting the objectives of the Organization and achieving sustainable development of the society.
Research, Documentation and Consultancy (Development of Toolkits, Manuals, Articles, etc)
Youth Engagement and Mentorship
Vocational training for sustainable livelihood
2015-2020 THEMATIC AREAS OF INTERVENTION:
Environment: Climate Change, Gully Erosion and Biodiversity Conservation
Social Justice, human rights, and democratic society
Agriculture, Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship
ICT, Science and technology
Cultural tolerance and peace
UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)